IPv6 tunnel & NAT

Mark Thompson mkt@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:10:41 +0100

On 13:24(GMT) 02-05-00, Xavier Mertens wrote:
> I had a Linux box running an IPv6 tunnel to a Cisco.
> Now my box is behind a router with NAT!
>
> Is there a way to re-setup my tunnel to the Cisco even with the address
> translation?

Short of scripting your config on the Cisco, not really. (Yuck. I didn't
just suggest that!)

A solution would be to move away from using the Cisco as a tunnel
endpoint and run something like CSELT's tunnel broker on a BSD box -
dynamically creating tunnels as and when you need them.

... or use a different transition technique.

1 cent spent,

Mark/

--
iam: networks and distributed systems