IPv6 address/port format

Jeremy Weatherford xidus@xidus.net
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:25:53 -0800 (PST)

Using '>' anywhere would be a really bad choice, since it's both a shell
redirection character AND an HTML metacharacter.  Try making a hyperlink
to a URL with a '>' in the address...

The best option so far seems to be:

http://[aa.bb.cc.dd.ee.ff.gg.hh]:8080/url

I don't think this will worsen the problem that already exists with shell
metacharacters being present in URLs.

Jeremy Weatherford
xidus@xidus.net
http://xidus.net/