cisco router

David Gethings davidg@uk.uu.net
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:53:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Mithrandir wrote:

> Hello there guys,
>
> the Verelst Johan (tcp6@mail.be) account has changed to
> mithrandir@skynet.be.
>
> I read there are several people working with Cisco 2500 series routers.
> Can any of you give me a sample of a "show running config" I can't seem to
> get my tunnel up and running.
> Don't worry I have an IPv6 compatible IOS.
> A "show IP interfaces" would also be very helpfull.
> Thx for all your hard work i'm trying to steel.
> (just kidding) and MERRY CHRISTMAS you all!!
> and maybe A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Here's a templete that I use for creating tunnels on Cisco's:

interface TunnelN
 description IPv6 Tunnel to COMPANY (Name <email>)
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 ipv6 address ipv6:address::1/64
 tunnel source Loopback0
 tunnel destination ipv4.address
 tunnel mode ipv6ip
 tunnel checksum

That seems to work everytime. ;)

Merry Christmas.

--
David Gethings			UUNET, a Worldcom Company,
Network Activation Engineer	Internet House, 332 Science Park,