6to4 question

Brian E Carpenter brian@hursley.ibm.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 09:08:25 -0500

Well, the 6to4 specification is written to forbid any possibility
of injecting the IPv4 routing table into the IPv6 routing table.
As Francis says, people think this would be evil. With today's
routers, they would most likely run out of memory and CPU.
(Remember that an IPv6 route entry is ~4 times bigger.)

So the answer is: you could do it, and it would probably work for
a few cases, but you MUST NOT.

  Brian