Trying to get on 6bone.. not getting answers from site contacts.

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:06:35 -0400

I'm attempting to set up a 6bone router at MIT which will provide
native v6 service on a couple of on-campus ethernets as well as
tunnels for folks topologically near campus..

I'm attempting to follow the script in http://www.6bone.net/6bone_hookup.html

I've contacted a couple people who are listed as pTLA contacts in the
past week or so, and haven't gotten any answers yet.  I'm prepared to
be patient, but I have no idea how long to wait; it would be useful if
the 6bone_hookup document set expectations properly by saying
something like, "be prepared to wait a week or two before they get
back to you, these folks are busy".

An addressing model question:

There are a number of folks living near campus with single-IP-address
cable modem connectivity who have their own backend networks and
appear to be interested in playing with v6 tunnels as a NAT
alternative.  Should I just allocate each one a subnet or two of a
single shared site?  Should I be looking at each of these off-campus
households as a "site"?  (assuming i understand the model, this may
mean I'd really want to turn into a pNLA..).

						- Bill