sigh, re Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:38:34 +0100

Peter and all,

  Thank you for your suggestion.  However I already KNOW why some
addresses on cc's were bouncing.  Netcom had nothing to do with the
problem.  I believe I stated them clearly on Wednesday and again on
thursday
as well.  They are as follows:

1.) www.nic.ar showed in the whois results the domain, fibertel.com.ar
on
Wednesday was NOT available.   This was in my cc list for relevant posts
as well
as other DN's that Patricio Latini posted on those relevant threads.

2.)  I also pointed out to Peter Tattem that his URL,
HTTP://jazz-1.trumpet.com.au/ipv6-draft/dtcp-draft-prt-13-may-1999.htm
was not resolving because trumpet.com.au at ARIN's whois was showing
did not exist.  This URL still does not resolve at this moment.  Peter
Tattem
incorrectly stated that I was pointing to Netcom's DNS.  I corrected him

informing him that I was not pointing to Netcom's DNS servers.  Hence
his DN is partly of completely lame, or he has a routing problem.  Hence

my E-Mail bounced on his DN.

  I hope that this helps to clarify things a bit for you.  I realize
that following
the relevant threads is sometime confusing.  But it is really advisible
that you do your homework before making statements on a public list
such as this.  However anyone can make a mistake, so don't feel bad...

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams