Sigh, Pete Dawson was:Re: sigh, re Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 14 May 1999 02:59:43 +0100

--------------44B8E4D6D10D7B96C629F7CC

Peter and all

  FIrst of all it would be better if you got you Http address correct.
It
is http://www2.netcom.com not http:/www.netcom.com.  You left
out a "/" and you also did not get the "www" correct as it should have
been
"www2".  Second, if you read the E-Mail outage message correctly it
clearly goes on to state:
"Netcom E-mail Outage

      As many of you know, Netcom experienced an e-mail file server
failure.
      Below is an explanation and response from MindSpring CEO, Charles
      Brewer.

      Update - Thursday, May 13. We are still working on fixing the
problem.
      Thank you for your continued patience.

      Dear MindSpring/NETCOM Customer,

      I'm sending this message to all of our customers who have a NETCOM

      e-mail address beginning with the letter "d". We at MindSpring owe
all of
      you a big apology!

      On Monday evening, an e-mail server in the NETCOM network failed.
As
      a result, MindSpring/NETCOM customers with mailbox names beginning

      with the letter "d" were not able to retrieve their e-mail until
6:30 AM
      EDT/3:30 AM PDT this morning (Wednesday, May 12).

      Here is the current state of things:

           Your mailbox should be active by 2AM Eastern Time Thursday
           morning (Wednesday evening) Because of the heavy traffic
while
           everyone collects their messages, for a short period of time
the
           system may run slowly or even indicate an occasional failed
           connection to the mail server. This does not indicate the
servers
           have failed again. "

Peter Dawson wrote:

> FYI   please see http:/www.netcom.com
> as this is off topic of 6bone activites,
> I'll refrain from further postings.
> Thank you
>
> /pete
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
>  BTW, I called
>
> > Netcom/Mindspring operations center and they are not aware of
> > any
> > E-Mail outage and reported none either.  I will get in touch
> > with
> > Mr. Brewer in the mourning by phone as I am a large stock
> > holder
> > and find out about your PARTIAL message you quote below.
> > Interesting
> > you did not include his E-mail address in your qoute of him....

Kindest regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

--------------44B8E4D6D10D7B96C629F7CC

<HTML>
Peter and all
<P>&nbsp; FIrst of all it would be better if you got you Http address correct.&nbsp;
It
<BR>is <A HREF="http://www2.netcom.com">http://www2.netcom.com</A> not <A HREF="http:/www.netcom.com">http:/www.netcom.com</A>.&nbsp; You left
<BR>out a <B>"/" </B>and you also did not get the<B> "www"</B> correct
as it should have been
<BR><B>"www2"</B>.&nbsp; Second, if you read the E-Mail outage message
correctly it
<BR>clearly goes on to state:
<BR>"Netcom E-mail Outage
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As many of you know, Netcom experienced
an e-mail file server failure.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Below is an explanation and response
from MindSpring CEO, Charles
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Brewer.
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Update - Thursday, May 13. We are still
working on fixing the problem.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for your continued patience.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dear MindSpring/NETCOM Customer,
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm sending this message to all of our
customers who have a NETCOM
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e-mail address beginning with the letter
"d". We at MindSpring owe all of
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; you a big apology!
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; On Monday evening, an e-mail server in
the NETCOM network failed. As
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; a result, MindSpring/NETCOM customers
with mailbox names beginning
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; with the letter "d" were not able to
retrieve their e-mail until 6:30 AM
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EDT/3:30 AM PDT this morning (Wednesday,
May 12).
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is the current state of things:
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Your mailbox
should be active by 2AM Eastern Time Thursday
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; morning
(Wednesday evening) Because of the heavy traffic while
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; everyone
collects their messages, for a short period of time the
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; system
may run slowly or even indicate an occasional failed
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; connection
to the mail server. This does not indicate the servers
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; have failed
again. "
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>Peter Dawson wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>FYI&nbsp;&nbsp; please see <A HREF="http:/www.netcom.com">http:/www.netcom.com</A>
<BR>as this is off topic of 6bone activites,
<BR>I'll refrain from further postings.
<BR>Thank you
<P>/pete
<P>Jeff Williams wrote:
<P>&nbsp;BTW, I called
<P>> Netcom/Mindspring operations center and they are not aware of
<BR>> any
<BR>> E-Mail outage and reported none either.&nbsp; I will get in touch
<BR>> with
<BR>> Mr. Brewer in the mourning by phone as I am a large stock
<BR>> holder
<BR>> and find out about your PARTIAL message you quote below.
<BR>> Interesting
<BR>> you did not include his E-mail address in your qoute of him....</BLOCKQUOTE>
Kindest regards,
<P>--
<BR>Jeffrey A. Williams
<BR>CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
<BR>Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
<BR>E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
<BR>Contact Number:&nbsp; 972-447-1894
<BR>Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------44B8E4D6D10D7B96C629F7CC--