IPv6 multicast on the 6bone

Brian Haberman haberman@raleigh.ibm.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:17:29 -0400

Isabelle,
     There are only a few code bases that have any IPv6 multicast
support as Francis pointed out.  In addition, IBM and Lixia Zhang's
lab at UCLA have implementations of PIM-DM for IPv6.  Microsoft has
support for MLD for workstations.  So your best bet right now is to
try and work with one of those code bases.

     One of the work items that came out of this IETF is to bolster
the work going on with multicast and IPv6.  Hopefully, I will have
additional news in the coming weeks about this effort.

Brian Haberman

--
| Brian K. Haberman                /  /                            |