we need better "join the 6bone tools"

Perry E. Metzger perry@piermont.com
09 Jul 1999 16:48:50 -0400

It has become apparent that we need some better tools for helping
organizations trying to play with v6 find 6bone connectivity. The
current method is basically "hunt through long lists and try to find
someone sympathetic", which is going to break down if we start getting
any real volume out.

What I'd like to do is to get some web pages, hopefully dual-hosted at
www.6bone.net and www.ipv6.org, that are broken down geographically
and by "netspace location" (i.e. major backbone provider) that list
organizations explicitly willing to give out tunnels in those
physical/virtual locations. That way, you can locate the five or ten
organizations to talk to quickly instead of hunting down five URLs and
going through long lists.

We really need various tunnel broker things eventually, but this
should only take a volunteer a matter of hours to set up, and it will
be done. An imperfect solution, but one that we could have up in days.

I'll happily give anyone willing to maintain such a thing an account
on www.ipv6.org so they can do the work.

What do people think?

Perry