6to4 status report

Richard Draves richdr@microsoft.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:44:13 -0700

Currently two ASes (MSR-REDMOND and CAIRN) are advertising the 2010::/16
prefix into the 6bone. There's actually just one 6to4 relay router - CAIRN
has a static tunnel to me.

For the 61 pTLAs in the 6bone, I have the following statistics:
3 Unknown - meaning no known v6 addresses, no response from pTLA
administrator
6 Offline - meaning pTLA administrator confirms that the pTLA is inactive
16 Bad - meaning I've never succeeded in pinging the pTLA with a 6to4 source
address
36 OK - meaning I've succeeded in pinging the pTLA at least once

Note that my connectivity to the 36 "OK" pTLAs is often intermittent at
best, but that's par for the 6bone :-).

Rich