No subject

Peter Tattam peter@jazz-1.trumpet.com.au
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:09:12 +1000 (EST)

Just posted on the newsgroups.

pardon the blatant advertising.

From: peternews@trumpet.com.au (Peter R. Tattam)
Newsgroups: trumpet.announce,alt.winsock.trumpet,comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc
Subject: Trumpet Winsock 5.0 released
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:05:56 +1100

Now available for download

ftp://ftp.trumpet.com/winsock/twsk50b.exe       From our USA site

ftp://ftp.trumpet.com.au/winsock/twsk50b.exe    From our Aus site

Like the Trumpet Winsock v 4.0, Trumpet Winsock v5.0 is a fully-featured
32-bit dialer for use with both Windows95/98 and Windows NT as well as having
IPv6 capability. It can be used to dial into the Internet to connect to your
local service provider and is a Winsock v1.1 compliant TCP/IP stack. You
should be able to make IPv6 name lookups and reverse lookups, TCP and UDP
connections on IPv6. Your application will need to be IPv6 aware to make
connections, however this version also includes an IPv6 -> IPv4 translator
that allows most IPv4 apps to work over IPv6.

IPv6 is a replacement Internet Protocol that will enhance the ability to
sustain the continuous growth of theInternet, solving the IP address space
depletion dilemma and enhancing other properties that willeventually impact on
the viability of the Internet. By the use of the IPv6 Addressing capability,
rather than the existing IPv4 protocol, the limit on addresseshas been
extended from a theoretical 4 billion to 340 trillion, trillion, trillion
(3.4x10**38)

Trumpet is rapidly becoming a market leader in IPv6 software for Win32
platforms, for example, our Fanfare Internet server is IPv6 capable.

For more information, read the following URL.

        http://www.trumpet.com.au/ipv6.htm

Important bug fixes include the installer problem with Win95/98 and it is now
compatible with IE 4.0

Enjoy!!!

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd