Cisco tunnel config

Jose Joaquin Serrano Rodenas Jose.J.Serrano@uv.es
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:59:44 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Vitaly Chipitsyn wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> It is me (with my cisco) again. ;)
> I have found IOS 11.3/IPv6 for Series 2501, and my present problem is
> that I cannot find a proper way to configure tunnel to our
> pTLA. Those of you who use ciscos, could you send me any hints?
>
> Sections of your `show running-config` as examples will be very helpful.
>
> There is a command 'show ipv6 tunnel', but there is no command (none
> that I could find) under configure-mode that I can use to actually
> _configure_ a tunnel.
>
> Generally, is there any documentation available that covers IPv6 part
> of Cisco's IOS? I will look for it at www.cisco.com as a CCO-member,
> so I am basicly asking about documentation other than from Cisco.
>
> Thanks.
> --vc

Hello.

Here is my tunnel configuration

interface Tunnel0
 description Tunel hacia RedIris (IPv6)
 no ip address
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 address <your ipv6 tunnel address>
 tunnel source <ipv4 tunnel source>
 tunnel destination <ipv4 tunnel destination>
 tunnel mode ipv6ip
 !
 interface Ethernet0
 ip address 147.156.1.131 255.255.128.0
 ip pim dense-mode
 ipv6 address <your ipv6 eth0  address>
 !

This configuration work good.

To configure the ipv6 tunnel you should use the same command that to configure a ipv4 tunnel

bye.

Jose Serrano