Linux/compiling

Asbjørn Sannes ace@datafax.no
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 21:56:58 -0000

Hi! I have been quite unlucky when trying to compile any ipv6
application/tool.

I have downloaded several of ipv6 applications to try, and I copied this
from a config.log file that said my system didn't support ipv6:

[output:]
checking for IPv6 kernel support... no

[config.log]
configure:1876: checking for IPv6 kernel support
configure:1898: gcc -o
conftest -O2 -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DFUNCPROT
O -I../../include -I/usr/local/i
configure:1889: warning: return-type defaults to `int'
/usr/local/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to
`_dl_object_relocation_scope'
/usr/local/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_global_scope_end'
/usr/local/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_default_scope'
configure: failed program was:
#line 1884 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
 /* AF_INET6 avalable check */
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
main()
{
 if (socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, 0) < 0)
   exit(1);
 else
   exit(0);
}

This is my settings:

RedHat 5.1 with:

kernel 2.2.1 with all the settings the FAQ describes.

bind-8.1.2

glibc-2.0.111-0.990127.i386.rpm
glibc-debug-2.0.111-0.990127.i386.rpm
glibc-devel-2.0.111-0.990127.i386.rpm
(tried several more ver. of glibc to see if it works)

Sorry for that paste, but I have been stuck for quite awhile!

--
ace