stla registry db issue

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) kazu@iijlab.net
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:00:12 +0900 (JST)

From: Bob Fink <fink@es.net>
Subject: Re: stla registry db issue

> In looking at the mail on this it seems that there is a confusion between
> you folk over what splitting the subTLA means, and you both have it right,
> but think the other is not understanding you. The /35 subTLA assigned by
> the RIR is intended to be split up to the right of the /35 (i.e., in the
> NLA space) for use by lower level providers, but not to the left of the /35
> (as this is part of the extended subTLA field the RIR is holding back for
> future use, unspecified for now).

Both kenken and I have never ever talked the reserved space
(29-35). We are just talikng about the NLA space(36-48). The original
message is as follows:

---
So the problem is how we should do in following situation.
		+----------+
  		|RIR X(/29)|
		+----+-----+

		+----+-----+
 	        +----+-----+

	        +--------+--+  ISP which allocates IPv6 address
		         |     for another organizations.
		   update|
	             orgA(/48)

The goal of this figure is that organization A which was allocated
by NLA1 Z can update RIR X's registry database tranceparency.
---

Which part is unclear?

--Kazu