stla registry db issue

Brian E Carpenter brian@hursley.ibm.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:17:40 -0600

LIRs should **definitely** not split /35s among multiple ISPs. One /35
is for one ISP, with the whole /29 reserved for later expansion.

If NLA1 Z is an ISP, it will be given the whole /35. So why will there be updates?

With the hierarchical delegation model of IPv6, it is not obvious that
the RIRs actually need any detail beyond who got the /35. We shouldn't blindly
assume that what was done for IPv4 is needed for IPv6.

  Brian