IPv6 assignment and Allocation Policy Document

Rute Sofia rsofia@rccn.net
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:25:29 +0100 (WET DST)

I've read the IPv6 Assignment and Allocation Policy Document and think
it is quite resonable now :-), at least for what concerns the initial
deployment. However, I have some considerations:

in point 4.2.2, "Criteria for sub-TLA Allocations in Transitional
Bootstrap phase", point a. states that "the requesting organization's
network...with at least three other public AS in the default-free zone".

What is meant by "default-free zone"?

I also think that it is of major importance in IPv6 to have section 6.,
DNS and Reverse Address Mapping in the initial deployment document.

There is also the question of the now pseudo-TLA: even though I suppose
that most of us are under the conditions of point 4.2.1, nothing is said
about pseudo-TLA. Do we have to request for a sub-TLA again? Or what
will be needed is only to renumber?

	Thanks,
		Rute Sofia