new IPv6 policy draft - real soon now

Mirjam Kuehne mir@ripe.net
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:59:18 +0200

Hi Philip,

A working group was created to discuss allocation policies.
This working group also discussede the initial allocation criteria
as proposed in the current draft (with participation on the 6bone added
as one criteria).

The feedback was very positive, also regarding the slow start
mechanism.  We also received useful input regarding some of the
parameters in the allocation criteria, for example 12 for the number
of months within which IPv6 services will have to be provided and
42 :-) for the number of customers the ISP has to have in one of the
other criteria (we'll probably round this up or down in the final
document :-)

I suggest to further discuss this when the new draft will be sent
to the list in one of the next days.

Mirjam

 Philip Smith <pfs@cisco.com> writes:
  * Hello Mirjam,
  *
  * Can you or someone else who was at the meeting summarise the input received
  * from the ARIN community to the 6bone and ipv6-wg lists? For those not
  * present, the specific feedback would be most interesting/useful...
  *
  * thanks!
  *
  * philip