Proposed change in 6bone pTLA 3FFE usage

Magnus Ahltorp map@stacken.kth.se
13 Apr 1999 17:13:03 +0200

> Another (offline) suggestion was to use the /29 as a forcing factor to have
> folks adopt the newer DNS bit specification method (I'm unfamiliar with
> this and when it might appear).

This problem has been present for IPv4 since the advent of CIDR.
Solutions have been presented, but I haven't seen any deployment in
this area. I cannot see why using /29 prefixes in IPv6 would speed up
development/deployment of bit-level reverse delegations.

It would be good to have bit-level reverse delegations, but the idea
to, with purpose, increase the work load just to make it happen, is,
in my opinion, a bad one.

/Magnus