6bone Prequalification for Sub-TLA assignment

Seth David Schoen schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 01:59:41 -0700

Bob Fink writes:

> I don't really want us to delay on this prequalification any longer than it
> takes to get an agreement in place. We do need to have Sub-TLAs assigned.

On another note, is there an already accepted set of standards for
qualification other than this prequalification procedure?  I.e. if someone
wants to be a TLA or sub-TLA somewhat later on, is there a prospect of a clear
way to do this other than via 6bone performance reports?

It seems to me that, if all goes well, a flood of late adopters -- which is
to say other-than-earliest-conceivable-adopters -- will appear sometime in
the next year.  Do they continue to go through the 6bone prequalification
process in order to receive IPv6 allocations, or is there to be another way
in?

--
              Seth David Schoen / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do."  And they