draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-00.txt

bmanning@ISI.EDU bmanning@ISI.EDU
Mon, 11 May 1998 07:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > > The   6Bone  Operations  group  takes  the  form  of  a  mailing
> list
> > > (operations@6bone.net)  and is derived from  the  data  in the
> 6Bone
> > > registry.
> >
> > How exactly is this mailer derived?
>
> As you might have seen on the 6Bone mailing list, there was some
> discussion recently on this topic. The intent is to use the electronic
> mail address specified in the MTNER object of each site. I consider this
> topic to be still under discussion on the mailing list, but once
> conclusion is reached, I'll update the draft to reflect it.
>
> Cheers, Bertrand

I still beleive that simple use of the MTNER object will lead to
problems, the principle issue is that there is no requirement, in
protocol or otherwise to maintain such a registration.

However, there exists a listing of email address that are required
for gaining a delegation, that being the email address which is
encoded in each delegation cut point.

--
--bill