as 5609

Lars Albertsson lalle@sics.se
16 Mar 1998 10:42:49 +0100

>     Guardini> Hi Pedro, I am trying to access the 6Bone backbone using
>     Guardini> a cisco 4700 together with a Telebit TBC2000 (is there
>     Guardini> anyone who is testing the same configuration? :-)).
>     Guardini>  For this reason I have established an iBGP peering between
>     Guardini> the two routers and each one is terminating some of the
>     Guardini> CSELT's backbone tunnels.  Yesterday I configured the
>     Guardini> Telebit router to start advertising the BGP4+ routes
>     Guardini> towards the whole 6Bone in addition to the CSELT's
>     Guardini> prefix (3ffe:1000::/24)
>
> It seems that you are falling into the same problem that JOIN is/was
> having sometime ago (i still filter their as to deny everything but
> their prefix so i'm not sure if it is fixed): routes withdrawn by their
> originators being advertised back as sourced from your AS. I'd suggest
> you contact telebit and ask for a fix.

This seems familiar to me. We had similar problems with a TBC2000 and
received a fix from Telebit. We use the following software versions
and haven't had any problems since.

% show profile
profile define basic+atm 19971020
profile swpack swtbc103 2.2a3 /paxnet/swtbc103/rel2v2
profile swpack swlic 2.2 /paxnet/swlic/rel2v2
profile swpack swidte 1.1a3 /paxnet/swidte/rel1v1a3
profile swpack swpoolm 1.0 /paxnet/swpoolm/rel1v0
profile swpack swnames 3.5a14 /paxnet/swnames/rel3v5a14
profile swpack swlan 4.0a4 /paxnet/swlan/rel4v0a4
profile swpack swatm 2.3a1 /paxnet/swatm/rel2v3a1
profile swpack swmars 2.1 /paxnet/swmars/rel2v1
profile swpack swppp 3.3 /paxnet/swppp/rel3v3
profile swpack swudp 2.0a1 /paxnet/swudp/rel2v0
profile swpack swip 7.3a1 /paxnet/swip/rel7v3a1
profile swpack swftp 1.6 /paxnet/swftp/rel1v6
profile swpack swsnmp 1.10a1 /paxnet/swsnmp/rel1v10a1
profile swpack swtelnet 1.2 /paxnet/swtelnet/rel1v2
profile swpack swpaxtcl 2.2 /paxnet/swpaxtcl/rel2v2
profile swpack swptcnf 2.2 /paxnet/swptcnf/rel2v2

/Lalle