Companies Implementing IPv6?

Vince Grimaldi Vince_Grimaldi@BayNetworks.COM
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 08:31:52 -0800

Pual,
	you may wish to look into FTP Software's implementation as well.  The have
a software package for Windows95.  Take a look at there web page.  The
software package is "OnNet32" version 3.0.  They are working on a version
that is in beta now.  This version includes IPSEC, and other security
features.

Hope this helps,

At 09:44 AM 3/4/98 -0600, you wrote:

>  I am a systems engineer working research and development for General
>  Dynamics Information Systems.  My company is just starting a lab
>  environment to implement IPv6. Our lab started out with a Windows NT 4.0
>  server, laptops and Pentium machines.  My first task was to find out
>  which companies produce IPv6 products.
>
>  I started out using the "IPng Implementations" list at
>
>  http://playground.sun.com/ipng/ipng-implementations.2.html
>
>  I attempted to contact each of the host and router implementations listed
>  there. I got some kind of response from (routers) Cisco Systems, Hitachi,
>  Ipsilon Networks, and Telebit; as well as (hosts) Digital, Epilogue,
>  Process Software, Silicon Graphics, and Sun.
>
>  What I need to find out is which products are "best" to select/purchase
>  for our new lab.  Our R&D is based upon the following task statement
>  (number 1 of 8):
>
>  "Mobile backbone that can support multimedia.  Survey what is state of
>  the art.  What exists now on IPv6 that can support mobile IP?  RSVP?
>  Investigate relationships of OSI seven layer model and mobile backbone to
>  support multimedia.  What is role of ATM?  Are products available?  What
>  is the cost?  Report."
>
>  I'd appreciate any advice on how to start: what routers, what work
>  stations, etc.
>
>  Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
>
>  Paul Maggitti
>
>  paul.v.maggitti@gd-is.com
>  General Dynamics Information Systems
>  8800 Queen Avenue South, M/S BLCS2X