Companies Implementing IPv6?

Paul V Maggitti PAUL.V.MAGGITTI@cdev.com
04 Mar 1998 09:44:55 -0600

  I am a systems engineer working research and development for General
  Dynamics Information Systems.  My company is just starting a lab
  environment to implement IPv6. Our lab started out with a Windows NT 4.0
  server, laptops and Pentium machines.  My first task was to find out
  which companies produce IPv6 products.

  I started out using the "IPng Implementations" list at

  http://playground.sun.com/ipng/ipng-implementations.2.html

  I attempted to contact each of the host and router implementations listed
  there. I got some kind of response from (routers) Cisco Systems, Hitachi,
  Ipsilon Networks, and Telebit; as well as (hosts) Digital, Epilogue,
  Process Software, Silicon Graphics, and Sun.

  What I need to find out is which products are "best" to select/purchase
  for our new lab.  Our R&D is based upon the following task statement
  (number 1 of 8):

  "Mobile backbone that can support multimedia.  Survey what is state of
  the art.  What exists now on IPv6 that can support mobile IP?  RSVP?
  Investigate relationships of OSI seven layer model and mobile backbone to
  support multimedia.  What is role of ATM?  Are products available?  What
  is the cost?  Report."

  I'd appreciate any advice on how to start: what routers, what work
  stations, etc.

  Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

  Paul Maggitti

  paul.v.maggitti@gd-is.com
  General Dynamics Information Systems
  8800 Queen Avenue South, M/S BLCS2X