BGP oddity

Pedro Marques roque@cisco.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

    Robert> having trouble with an IGP bgp4+ peering routes are
    Robert> showing up as B 3FFE:2C00::0/24 [200/4] via
    Robert> 3FFE:C00:E:1::1, Null, 00:00:00/never

Rob,
This is a cisco support question which should go to the cisco ipv6 beta
mailing list instead of the 6bone list which is not concerned with
support of any particular vendor's equipment.

    Robert> instead of having the interface listed, they are "nulled"

They are recursive routes. Routes for which the next-hop is not directly
connected. That route should only be in the routing table if a route to
3FFE:C00:E:1::1 is present.

    Robert> -running cisco 0501 code, and this is an IGP
    Robert> peering. Anyone run into this?  All peers are tunneled
    Robert> mode ipv6ip.

When you send your problem report to cisco please include the config file.

    Robert> This is causing much problems for our downstreams, and is
    Robert> forcing us to default route to people in
    Robert> less-than-friendly ways.

It is not clear to me that you have anything unusual. You should have an
IGP route to 3ffe:c00:e:1::1 that resolves the BGP route and allows you
to forward traffic.

regards,
  Pedro.