BGP4+ for Linux IPv6

Masaki Hirabaru masaki@merit.edu
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:17:50 -0400

Hi Raphael,

The binary of MRT for Linux 2.1.102 was built on Slackware with
my own kernel configuration, so it may or may not run on your
Linux box. The snapshot of MRT source code I'm preparing now will
run on Redhat 5.1 but will depend on what kind of IPv6 libc you
use.  In general, questions specific to MRT would go to its
users' mailling-list <mrt-discuss@merit.edu>.

I'm afraid that IPv6 Gated available from INRIA doesn't run on
Linux. I think that you now know that IPv6 API related to socket
has been standardized, but other IPv6 extension to routing and
network interface API depend on platforms.

Thanks,
Masaki
MRT Project
Merit Network, Inc.