alternative drawing of 6bone tunnels between pTLAs

Yiorgos Adamopoulos Y.Adamopoulos@noc.ntua.gr
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:57:35 +0300

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 04:44:38PM +0200, Simon Leinen wrote:
> The only problem I have with it is that the nodes are laid out with
> very little concern about geographic or (IPv4-) topological distance.

I could give it a shot, but:

The drawing algorithm is not mine ;-)  It is the algorithm that ``dot'' uses
to produce graphs.  All I do is parse the 6bone.db file and find out the
tunnels that exist between pTLAs.  Then I feed them to ``dot'' like:

graph G {
	"GRNET" -- "EWD-3COM"
	"GRNET" -- "SWITCH"
	:
	:
}

I'll see what I can do to put some GIS on the graph ;-)

--
Yiorgos Adamopoulos               -- #include <std/disclaimer.h>
mailto: Y.Adamopoulos@noc.ntua.gr -- Network Operations Center, NTUA, GREECE