ipv6 connections available in the terminal room of the ietf meeting

Marc Blanchet Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:04:11 -0400

Hi,

we have configured an ipv6 router on the network of the ietf terminal room.
 This router is connected to our ipv6 router on Viagénie-network (which is
one of the pTLA on the 6bone) by a ipv6 over ipv4 tunnel, so that it is
connected to the 6bone. Anybody who have an IPv6 stack can automatically
get an ipv6 address without any configuration to get connected to the
6bone. You will receive an address in the viagénie net range
3ffe:0b00:c18:2::/64.

The router is up since 20h00 monday 24th and will be there all week long.

We've tested both freebsd inria ipv6 and Microsoft NT ipv6 implementations
on our portables and were able to connect to any ipv6 host on the 6bone.

The idea of this service came from my collegue Florent Parent.

We would like to hear anybody who tried this service. Please mention your
implementation.

Have fun, Marc.

Marc Blanchet			| Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
pgp :57 86 A6 83 D3 A8 58 32 F7 0A BB BD 5F B2 4B A7
Auteur du livre TCP/IP Simplifié, Éditions Logiques, 1997