status of conversion for 6bone backbone sites

Guardini Ivano Ivano.Guardini@CSELT.IT
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:26:45 +0200

Hi Bob,

here in CSELT we have started moving to the new addressing scheme.
I think that we will be ready by the end of this month but probably our
conversion will not include EUI-64.

At this time we have five different IPv6 implementations in our lab:
Inria, NRL, Linux, Sun and Telebit (router TBC2000). We would like to
move to EUI-64 when at least the Inria, Sun and Telebit implementations
will be able to support it. This is because due to the new solicited
node multicast addresses a machine supporting EUI-64 will not be able to
interoperate with an old one.

     Bye
              Ivano

Ivano Guardini  CSELT SpA