Release 5.2 is now available

Pedro Marques roque@cisco.com
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 09:40:02 -0700 (PDT)

    Bob> Pedro, At 10:35 AM -0700 9/1/97, Pedro Marques wrote: ...
    >> The new addressing scheme has no relation at all with the low
    >> 64bits of the address.
    >>
    >> So regardless of the changes in addressing you can still use
    >> 48-bit 802.3 link tokens.

    Bob> As I read the Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format I-D

    Bob> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-unicast-aggr-02.txt

    Bob> the new Interface ID is part of the new addressing scheme.

    Bob> Thus we should be testing the new prefix format AND the new
    Bob> EUI-64 at the same time.

Why ? Do you have any reason at all to tight the two things together ?
They are two completely separate mechanisms for completly distinct problems.

Further, operationally it makes no sense to me to try to connect the two
issues... the 6bone is an interconection of ipv6 sites, it should not concern
itself at all with autoconfiguration of hosts in a LAN.

  Pedro.