which BGP4+ used

Masaki Hirabaru masaki@merit.edu
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:01:19 -0400

>     Masaki> 2) The Length of Next Hop Network Address (1 octet) in
>     Masaki> MP_REACH_NLRI (Type Code 14) has a value 32; A
>     Masaki> global-scope address (16 octets) and a link-local address
>     Masaki> (16 octets) follow.
>
> This is not a question of what the bgp-multiprotocol draft defines but
> what a separate document, on IPv6 information over BGP will define.
>
> This document will be based on the section on IPv6 in
> draft-bates-bgp4-multiprotocol. If you look at that section you see when
> the nexthop should consist of one or two ipv6 addresses.
>
> The ipv6-bgp draft should be availiable soon.

Pedro, I saw the -00 version. I understand this is a current
ambiguous point independently of the versions. I'm waiting for
the ipv6-bgp draft.

>     Masaki> Does 6bone has a plan to migrate to the -01 version?
>
> You might not be able to make a "plan" as it depends on the availability
> of code from vendors...

We could push vendor(s) :-) I know the difference is trivial for
users, but it might bring an operational confusion. We will need
to ask our peers which bgp4+ is used, bgp4+00 or bgp4+01.

Thanks,
Masaki