reconnecting IPv6 site.

Jan Marius Evang jane@iaeste.no
21 Nov 1997 14:34:47 +0100

  >> Bob Fink writes:

  BF> Marius, At 3:40 AM -0700 10/8/97, Jan Marius Evang wrote:
  >> Hi! After not being connected for a while, We would like to take
  >> up out IPv6 activities again. I understand the adressing scheeme
  >> has changed, and I get a message from whois to update the
  >> "object".

  BF> To this end, a top level object has been assigned to me for the
  BF> new test TLA with a netname of TEST-TLA-6BONE, with an inet6num
  BF> value of 3FFE::/16 (see below). You can reference this object,
  BF> as well as other new inet6num objects, by using the 6bone whois
  BF> query:

  BF> http://www.6bone.net/whois.html

  BF> This object is the owner, if you will, of all objects below it.
  BF> However, it is my intention to assign pTLAs as delegated objects
  BF> and then let them sub-delegate.

I would (officially) ask to be delegated a 6bone pTLA for Norwegian
testing of IPv6 at the Universsity of Oslo.
Thi is registered in the RIPE database using the old addressing
scheme.

We are also cooperating with a couple of other companies in Norway
that are planning IPv6 setups, and will probably delegate NLAs to
them.

It will (probably) be me, jane@ifi.uio.no (JME1-6BONE in the Ripe
database) that will be responsible for the pTLA.

Yours Jan Marius Evang

--
-O
Røyskatt