BGP4+

bound@zk3.dec.com bound@zk3.dec.com
Fri, 16 May 97 16:28:31 -0400

>I would assume the multiprotocol BGP drafts of Bates, Chandra et al.

OK that would be:

draft-bates-bgp4-multiprotocol-01.txt

I don't care either way... But if it is what we are doing I know it
would be good for all to implement it if possible for a potential UNH
IPv6 interoperability event to test it out in late July.

Can someone from Cisco share with us is this the draft?  If I tcpdump
onee of your packets it would help too.  thanks....

As I said at the Memphis IETF if you have an implementation and you have
not tested it at UNH bake-off or recent Connectathon for multivendor
interoperability, don't think other than some tunnels your getting this
on the 6bone, cause your not.

Also if Cairn backbone happens and we get native link IPv6 nodes that
have not done this testing will most likely have bugs in their ND,
Autoconf, DNS, and IPv6/IPv4 Interoperation mechanisms those who go to
UNH were able to learn about via implementation.

I would like to see in the RIPE-CC or somewhere a connotation who has
done interoperability testing and who has not.  Of course that would not
mean you did it well as we are all under non-disclosure at these things
and you could have shown up and failed everything but no one could tell
on you or state it in public.  Unless we all agreed to publish our own
results as an open process.  Which is an idea.

/jim