new 6bone backbone links diagram - version 21

Alain Durand Alain.Durand@imag.fr
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 12:10:18 +0200

On Jul 2, 12:43pm, Matt Crawford wrote:
> Subject: Re: new 6bone backbone links diagram - version 21
> > 2.  SURFNET cutting back extra links in the backbone mesh is a trend we
> > should all follow to minimize links we don't need in a backbone.  The
> > purpose is NOT to fully conenct the backbone, rather to provide the links
> > that are appropriate (don't ask me to define that one :-).
>
> Is it too many links, or inappropriate default routes that makes the
> path from Fermilab to NIST go through France?  (Or is it just bad DNS
> info?  The embeded IPv4 prefix checks out.)

It's something a little bit different: I have a short prefix for a direct
static tunnel to NIST that I'm re-advertising through RIPng
The problem is a route aggregation one because NIST is advertising
longer prefixes. Somewhere in the routing cloud, the aggregation is wrong.

Things should be better when we'll be all runing an EGP.
I'm in vacation now, when I'll return, I will also shut down many tunnels
to simplify the routing in the 6-bone.

	- Alain.