tunnel request

Alain Durand Alain.Durand@imag.fr
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:23:32 +0100

On Jan 6,  5:11pm, ben wrote:
> Subject: Re: tunnel request

>    This next question came up once or twice before, but I don't know that
> it was answered clearly enough for me to understand...  What is the 'ASN'
> field?  Is it my ASN, my IPv4 provider's ASN, my IPv6 provider's ASN, etc...

This is something we discussed in San Jose meeting.
RFC1897 says:
       This is the current autonomous system number assigned to the
       provider providing internet service to the an IPv6 testers
       organization.

It is currently undestood as your IPv4 provider AS, but we'd like to change
that
to allow you to use your IPv6 provider AS number (i.e. your 6bone contact)
if you like to. This might be very usefull if/when we'll try to reshape
the 6-bone.

	- Alain.