request for a connection

Tom Dyas tdyas@xenophanes.rutgers.edu
Thu, 27 Feb 97 18:33:41 EST

I am interested in getting a connection to the 6bone for Rutgers
University. Some minor questions (probably some stupid ones as well):

1) Is there anybody close to Central New Jersey (New Brunswick
specifically) that would be willing to provide a tunnel?

2) I picked my RFC1897 prefix to be 5F02:BD00:8006:0000::/64 since the
provider ASN (UUNet) is 701. Now, for the IPv4 network part of the
prefix, I used 800600 as the basis since Rutgers has the Class B
128.6.0.0. But we also have the Class B 165.230.0.0, so should the
prefix reflect that in some way as well?

(Or I am just being extremly paranoid and it does not matter what I
choose as long as it is consistent within Rutgers?)

Tom

Tom Dyas                                                tdyas@noc.rutgers.edu
Network Operations Group                    http://www-no.rutgers.edu/~tdyas/
Rutgers University Computing Services                            908-445-5683