Getting attached...

Stephen Stuart stuart@pa.dec.com
Tue, 25 Feb 97 23:16:22 -0800

> I tried looking at the map and I didn't see anything that looked
> particularly close in topological terms.  I'm connected through MCI in
> Pompano Beach, Florida.  I guess the an ideal hook-up site would be in
> Atlanta, preferably connected via MCI too..
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Traceroute to the V4 addresses of the various backbone sites and see
who is closest in number of hops and has the lowest latency and/or
packet loss. You might want to do your traceroutes during the day,
rather than at night, or sample at a couple times during peak and
non-peak hours for your timezone, and the timezones of the backbone
sites.

Stephen
- -----
Stephen Stuart				stuart@pa.dec.com