6bone diagram changes

Ben Crosby ben@tellus.co.uk
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:53:17 +0000

At 09:00 22/02/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> > I agree. Is there any offical movement from ukerna regarding ipv6, or
should
>> > we just go ahead in our own sweet way and deal with this amongst
ourselves ?

>> Hi
>>
>> Last I heard, UKERNA decided on a watching brief. (read: everyone else can
>> do the dirty work.) IMHO, those of us on the 6bone in the UK should go ahead
>> and sort things out as best we can. It's exceedingly unlikely there'll be any
>> effort on the part of UKERNA for a long time.
>
>	I will note that I will not delegate any of the IPv6 entry points
>	under the JANET/UKERNA ASNs until they come up with some guidelines
>	on how to do sub-delegations to member universities.
>
>	This may impact some of the activities of UK insitutions since you
>	can't use the JANET/UKERNA ASN in formulating your IPv6 high order bits.

Okey dokes, I cant say that I blame you given the problem, however this will
have an impact on AC.UK as you say. Perhaps we (AC.UK sites) could get
together and agree one site to hold the relevant information, conditional
upon updating entries for other sites upon request and relinquishment of
control to ukerna as soon as they become more interested in whats happening ?

As far as I see that will benefit all of us....

        Ben.
E-mail:	ben@tellus.co.uk
Phone: 0976 393790
Fax:  01703 579365