6bone connectivity

Alain Durand Alain.Durand@imag.fr
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 19:27:27 +0100

On Feb 3, 12:00pm, Dimitry Haskin wrote:
> Subject: 6bone connectivity

> - each backbone router should maintain a RIPng tunnel with
>   two or more other backbone routers.

I agree with dimitri's description of core routers.
I would like to add that we should have a map of the backbone tunnels.
Right now, i'm getting many many routes from wide/jp, which is
obviously not the shortest path for G6. So I suspect some parts
of the 6-bone are either isolated from the others or depending
on one particular tunnel.

Bob, could you draw those core tunnels on your map?
Somehow, this should help us decide where transatlantic/transpacific
tunnels are.

	- Alain.