call for 6bone TLA participants for Oct. 1 renumbering of backbone

Masaki Hirabaru masaki@merit.edu
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:52:21 -0400

Bob and 6bone folks,

We would like to be one of early 6bone test pTLAs.

Interests:

Our immediate interests are in implementing IPv6 routing
protocols on MRT (see details at http://www.merit.edu/~mrt/),
expanding our tools in MRT with IPv6, and also analyzing the
early 6bone with the tools to provide useful information for
developing IPv6/6bone.

We are also going to have an early IPv6 experience with our
operational staffs in managing our 6bone connection,
participating in early trials, and also providing an application
over the 6bone.

Qualifications:

We have implemented RIPng on MRT and tested it over 6bone with a
couple of implementations.

We have ported our code on IPv6 kernels developed by Sun, INRIA,
Linux, NRL and WIDE, and are keeping cooperative with these
developers by developing on their kernels, as well as other
router vendors by testing interoperability over the 6bone.

Now we are finalizing an implementation of BGP4+ available on
MRT, which includes a couple of BGP4+ tools to help a test and
analysis on routing.

We are also planing to move our 6bone router to our NOC where we
can manage it well to provide a more stable 6bone connection for
our neighborhood who wants to join the 6bone.

I'm now working on MRT and 6bone at Merit, and can actively
participate in this transition with our team members and of
other Merit projects, GateD and so on.

Thank you,
Masaki Hirabaru
Merit Network, Inc.