Adding UCLA to 6bone map.

Andrew J. Hoag ahoag@nas.nasa.gov
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:41:58 -0700

> Andrew Hoag, of NAS, had gone to a lot of trouble to build a tunnel table.

That's true -- at least 30% of my upfront work was assembling some sort of
comprehensive list of the current tunnels involved.

> I will soon invoke the rule that Ran proposed, i.e., that everyone must
> register with the RIPE-NCC 6bone registry to be put on the map.  This will
> eventually lead to the possibility of automatic map generation by all of us
> - as well as other benefits!

I agree and will back Bob & Ran up on this one. At some next interrupt, I will
be removing tunnels from the geographic map if they are not so listed in the
RIPE NCC IPv6 registry.

I also suggest to Bob that you look at your section entitled "Registering with
the routing registry" and strengthen your language to imply that registering
with RIPE is highly recommended ("required" :-).

--
| Andrew Hoag      | MS 258-6                | Voice: (415) 604-4972 |
| Network Engineer | Moffett Field, CA 94035 |   Fax: (415) 604-4377 |
| NAS Facility     | http://www.gac.edu/~ahoag/ | ahoag@nas.nasa.gov |