Adding UCLA to 6bone map.

Bob Fink LBNL RLFink@lbl.gov
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:21:19 -0700

Jong,

>	I've been wondering why our UCLA IPv6 nodes are in the very cool
>3-D VRML diagram, but not on your overview graph.  We set up two hosts
>running IPv6 tunneling through CISCO a couple of weeks ago, but there are
>more to come in the near future.  Could you please kindly add our UCLA/US
>node to your 6bone map?  If you need more information, please let me know
>at your earliest convenience.  Thank you.

I believe that no one has told me that UCLA is up - could be wrong.  The
"cool" 3D maps (I like them too :-) happen to show more stuff because
Andrew Hoag, of NAS, had gone to a lot of trouble to build a tunnel table.
If he doesn't continue the effort into maintaining this list, his map will
become out of date unless he is explicitly told what has been
added/removed/etc.

I will soon invoke the rule that Ran proposed, i.e., that everyone must
register with the RIPE-NCC 6bone registry to be put on the map.  This will
eventually lead to the possibility of automatic map generation by all of us
- as well as other benefits!

So... why don't you register, please:

	ftp://ftp.ripe.net/ipv6/ip6rr/

Anyway, I'll add UCLA to the map as soon as possible.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Bob