IPv6 on ATM

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@inria.fr
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 19:32:40 +0100

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum for this type of
   question. I wonder if anyone have expirience of IPv6 on top on ATM? We
   have MAN network (a part of the Stockhom Gigabit Network) manily
   consisting of Fore ATM switches and we would like to run IPv6 on it
   and connect it to the 6bone. Are there any implementations that could
   fit our purpose?

=> if you need something today or tomorrow morning you can only
use PVCs which solve all the resolution (ie address mapping) and
QoS issues. It is less stupid than you can believe...
But for other (:-) features you have to wait for a standard,
for instance InARP is not yet defined for IPv6 (more an oversight
than a real problem).

Regards

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr