IPv6 on ATM

Rudolf Brandner CEC Karlsruhe (+49-721-690231) brandner@kar.dec.com
Thu, 07 Nov 96 12:57:52 +0100

Christer,

there isn't any standard for IPv6/ATM yet and there are still problems to be
solved (i.e. how to autoconfigure a node, how ND should work, etc).

Nevertheless, you can tunnel IPv6 traffic using IPv4/ATM (what's probably not
what you want to do). We did this already here in Germany between Berlin and
Karlsruhe using the B-ISDN of the Deutsche Telekom. Worked very well.

Rudolf Brandner
CEC Karlsruhe, European Applied Research Center
Digital Equipment Corporation
email: brandner@kar.dec.com