more tunnels and what to do next

Kazuhiko Yamamoto 山本和彦 kazu@is.aist-nara.ac.jp
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:12:44 +0900

From: <bound@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: more tunnels and what to do next
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 96 20:00:35 -0400

> So if someone wants to send sipper.pa-x.dec.com an IPv6 packet they must
> go through Europe as opposed to the UNH-BAY-DEC point?  If so that is
> not a good idea???

The WIDE 6bone had been connected to Cisco and NRL before we set up a
tunnel to UNI-C. Ask rja to set up an end point for you.

As I said time to time, we have already drawn a 6bone map with our
best knowledge. Access to "http://www.wide.ad.jp/wg/ipv6/6bone.ps".

It seems to me that no one controls the entire policy. No routing
technology is introduced. I'm very afraid that the 6bone would break
down soon.

Actually we WIDE project can't manage all routing information even for
the WIDE 6bone so we start rejecting requests from some organizations
in Japan.

I suggest that we should discuss routing protocols as soon as
possible.

--Kazu