[6bone] A list of 3FFEs still in the routing tables

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Mon Jun 12 05:05:47 PDT 2006

Pim van Pelt wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:49:01AM +0200, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
> | 6 prefixes have disappeared but we still see 23 of them:
> |
> SixXS sees 19 prefixes today. Note that this was approximately 80 just
> before 6/6/2006, so I think we are making good progress.
>
> I have been asking my IPv6 transitprovider (GLBX) to update their
> filtering, because they are still sending us 3ffe::/16 prefixes. If there
> are any other GLBX IPv6 customers on this list, it would help if you could
> contact them with a similar request. I have contact details if you need
> them (contact me offlist in that case).

Do you really want your provider to filter the 3ffe::/16 prefixes right
now?  It will make the offending prefixes dissappear from YOUR view but,
it won't make them go away.  Unless EVERYONE filters 3ffe::/16 as BOGON
prefixes, we need to be able to see who is actually announcing those
prefixes.

We're seeing 15 prefixes right now:

Border2-BGP> sh bgp 3ffe::/16 longer-prefixes
BGP table version is 0, local router ID is 66.35.95.2
Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i -
internal
Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete

   Network          Next Hop            Metric LocPrf Weight Path
*> 3ffe::/24        2001:4f0:1001:1::2
                                             0             0 4555 i
*> 3ffe:100::/24    2001:4f0:1001:1::2
6939 3263 i
*> 3ffe:700::/24    2001:4f0:1001:1::2
4725 2915 2713 293 i
*> 3ffe:800::/24    2001:4f0:1001:1::2
                                             0             0 4555 i
*> 3ffe:1500::/24   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
                                                           0 4555 3582 i
*> 3ffe:1600::/24   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
6939 2042 7610 i
*> 3ffe:2e00::/24   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
6939 3748 i
*> 3ffe:3600::/24   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
4725 17715 i
*> 3ffe:80e0::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
2516 7660 7684 18084 3257 25336 i
*> 3ffe:8110::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
2516 7660 7684 18084 3257 8954 i
*> 3ffe:8140::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
2516 7660 i
*> 3ffe:8200::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
4716 10013 i
*> 3ffe:8240::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
6939 278 6342 i
*> 3ffe:8270::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
3257 20834 i
*> 3ffe:8330::/28   2001:4f0:1001:1::2
6939 2042 17965 i

Total number of prefixes 15

On a different note, I've attempted to contact the following ASNs to
move our peering sessions over to RIR address space.  No reply thus far:

6175 - SPRINT
8002 - Stealth Communications
6939 - Hurricane Electric

If you have enable on one of those ASNs, please contact me off-list so
we can move the peering session and get the 3ffe::/16 addresses out of
the path.

John Fraizer
AS13944