[6bone] 6bone phaseout countdown notification - 1 months until phaseout

Pim van Pelt pim at ipng.nl
Mon Jun 5 12:47:45 PDT 2006

Hoi,

| After June 6, 2006 no 6bone 3FFE prefixes, of any size/length, are to
| be used on the Internet in any form.
I have added BGP filtering at BIT (as12859) to prohibit 6BONE prefixes
from entering our routing tables.

SixXS has also turned off routing to these destinations. Where
appropriate, we have collaborated with our participating ISPs to enable
BGP filtering for all 3ffe::/16 routes. For all 20+ tunnelservers, we
have disabled forwarding to 6BONE space by adding a route for 3ffe::/16
to lo0 and having them send ICMP unreachables for SixXS users trying to
reach those destinations.

6BONE becomes 6GONE!

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim at ipng.nl