[6bone] cisco ipv6 slow perfs

FRLinux frlinux at frlinux.net
Wed May 25 00:58:58 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 10:30 am, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:
> It's much more likely that the IPv6 traffic takes a very different
> route from the IPv4 traffic. Have a look at the traceroutes.

I did some further testing and surprisingly, ipv6 takes shorter routes.
For instance, tracerouting to kame.net takes 19 hops on v4 and only 11 via
v6.

I also since enabled route cache on the main interface and the atm
interface without any luck still getting an average of 80kb/s transfer
speed ...

Steph
--
Mail sent under Debian GNU/Linux