[6bone] .int / .arpa

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Feb 17 14:17:23 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 22:50 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>On 17-feb-05, at 22:03, Tim Bosserman wrote:
>
>> I believe the RFC you are looking for is 3596: DNS Extensions to
>> Support IP Version 6.  It officially obsoletes 1886 and 3152.
>
>Thanks, that's the one. Still, 3152 is BCP while 3596 is draft standard.
>
>Then to think someone who will remain nameless to protect the guilty
>wanted to obsolete ip6.int last year, less than a year after the
>publication of RFC 3596...

You didn't see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ draft-huston-ip6-int-01.txt

yet? Btw if you had read my version, which is still online and in
google,  you would have known about 3596. As the whole ip6.arpa thing is
just flaky how it came into existence, just think of it this way: the
agreement is there, people are using ip6.arpa, just use it. Nothing to
change about it, if you, me or any number of people don't like it. It is
for the good anyway, ever checked the state of ip6.int ? :)

Greets,
 Jeroen