[6bone] Ipv6 website still not resolved, sorry.

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon Sep 13 06:21:43 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 14:30, Gav wrote:
> Allan, thanks for replying, copying this to the list one more time to try
> and get this thing licked once and for all,  if there is a problem  in my
> setup, then yes, the httpd.conf file is where I guess it would be - or it
> could be in the conf file of my Freenet6 tunnel, I am still not sure that I
> have configured it to broadcast on the correct interface. I can connect to
> any v6 only sites no problem.
>
> However, it is difficult for me to track the problem as I don't have access
> to an IPv6 enabled machine 'outside' of my network. It works perfect inside
> the network, which I find strange as the internal computers still have to go
> 'outside' to the internet, to DNS servers to FREENET6 , to sitelutions etc
> and then back into the network to my Server.

traceroute6 to v6.minitutorials.com shows a looping route:

<SNIP>
 6  viagenie.ipv6.intouch.net (3ffe:b00:c18::60)  126.332 ms  125.331
ms  131.78 ms
 7  3ffe:b00:c18:1::115 (3ffe:b00:c18:1::115)  132.802 ms  138.968 ms
132.213 ms
 8  rap.ipv6.viagenie.qc.ca (3ffe:b00:c18:1:290:27ff:fe17:fc0f)  125.978
ms  125.379 ms  125.598 ms
 9  3ffe:b00:c18:1::115 (3ffe:b00:c18:1::115)  131.557 ms  133.151 ms
134.648 ms
<SNIP>

This maybe has to do with the fact that Freenet6 is moved from Viagenie
to Hexago. Hexago is also switching to the new prefixes and TSP client
etc...

In either way their routing broken and you are using the old prefixes.
You should contact their support contact and ask them, asking here is a
bit futile except that people can maybe say 'it is broken here too' but
as I don't think anyone has access to their machines or routes it won't
help much, it would only be complaining in the void as they won't notice
and thus can't help you to fix it.

Greets,
 Jeroen