[6bone] Wifi IPv6 via sveasoft's Linksys WRT54G wifi AP router firmware upgrade.

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Sep 10 09:48:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 06:36:52PM -0600, Colin Faber wrote:
> I just thought I'd pass along this information.  I have been able to
> successfully setup an WEP encrypted WDS link between two remote sites
> which have successfully transparently passed all desired IPv6 traffic
> from one side to the other with out any problems.

Should this be a reason to celebrate?  Unless I'm mistaken, WEP and
WLAN-Access in general should be about as transparent as a normal
Ethernet switch, which is completely agnostic to IP, IPv6, IPX, or
whatever...

(Just for the records: using IPv6 over my ancient Apple Airport Base
Station works perfectly.  Of course the Airport BS doesn't support
IPv6 routing, or PPP login to an ISP with IPv6 - now *that* would be
something to celebrate...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  66629  (65398)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299